Food Scrap Drop-Off Program
The Sustainable Materials Management, Inc. Food Scrap Drop-Off Program provides households with a convenient means to recycle their food scraps. Fill out an application today to take part in the global initiative to reduce greenhouse gasses and divert organic waste from the waste-stream.
How do i start?
Fill out an application today to take part in the global initiative to reduce greenhouse gasses and divert organic waste from the waste-stream. Fill out the online application or pick one up in-person.
When can i start?
Upon application review participating household will receive a tag/badge that identifies their customer number, and a starter kit (2 gal kitchen caddy, 6 gal transportation caddy, list of acceptable items and a coupon for compostable bags).
For your safety:
- Observe all posted signs.
- Participants may only enter through the Bay View Rd entrance.
- Pets, children and passengers must remain in the vehicle at all times.
- Participants can only park in the designated drop-off spaces.
- Participants may not wander outside the designated drop-off area.
- Absolutely no smoking is allowed.
- Please call or check-in at the front office before placing scraps in the labeled toter.
- Contributions can only be made during hours of operations.
- Only food scraps and food soiled paper can be placed in the food scrap toter.
- If you are using compostable bags, be sure to untie knotted bags.
- If you use a disposable item to collect your scraps, like a opaque plastic bag, empty the scraps in the “waste accepted” toter and place empty bag in the “waste not accepted” bin